The Tour of Britain visits Barrow on Friday 7th September, when stage 6 starts from the town before making its way through Cumbria and finishing on the hill-top of Whinlatter.
As a start venue, Barrow is lucky to enjoy a 10km roll-out of the riders before they officially start the stage on Rampside Rd. The roll-out is designed to enable local people the chance to see the riders as they roll past at a steady pace from 11am.
1. The roll-out route starts at the Town Hall on Duke Street following the presentation of riders.
2. It then turns right at Ramsden roundabout into Abbey Road where it passes the Barrow BID sponsored Fanzone at the bottom of Dalton Road.
3. Another right turn takes the riders down Park Drive past Furness Academy and the park.
4. The riders head back towards town along Greengate Street.
5. Once past Schneider’sstatue, the riders head down Michaelson Rd, past BAE Systems, along Bridge Rd and North Rd towards the Dock Museum.
6. Around the roundabout, the route now comes along Hindpool Rd to the Strand, before travelling down Roose Rd to the official stage start on Rampside Rd.
Show your support for the Tour of Britain